The Wisconsin Indian Business Alliance is supporting Native small business owners in Wisconsin with the Kiva Matching Fund Program. Native American business owners applying for a Kiva loan may also apply for matching funds through our partner First American Capital Corporation as a Kiva Trustee.
This program has been made possible through the generous support of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC). These contributions are an investment in growing the impact that Native micro and small business owners make everyday in the state of Wisconsin.
“We are grateful to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation and Seyoum Mengesha, WEDC’s Minority & Small Business Development Director, for investing in Kiva and FACC’s dollar-for-dollar match. This is another resource available in the business capital toolbox for American Indian entrepreneurs. Work is now underway to promote awareness and access of the FACC-Kiva matching fund program throughout Wisconsin Indian Country,” said Craig Anderson, FACC Executive Director.
Kiva’s Crowdfunded Loans Expanding Access to Capital and Customers for Entrepreneurs
Kiva.org is a non-profit that enables passionate and determined entrepreneurs throughout the U.S. to access 0% interest small business loans.
We reinsert relationships into the financial system by facilitating lending through Kiva’s community of over 1.5 million potential customers, business advisors, and brand ambassadors - expanding access to capital and customers for entrepreneurs.
Since 2005, over 2 million entrepreneurs around the world have borrowed $850 million through the Kiva website.
Leverage the Power of Our Crowd:
- Access 0% interest loan capital from hundreds of individual lenders looking to make a positive impact in their community
- Gain free marketing exposure to 1.5 million potential customers and champions for your business
- Establish connections to people who can support your business
- Join our global community of millions of people committed to empowering entrepreneurs around the world
But What Can You Do With $10,000?
- Upgrade equipment and renovate your space
- Gain working capital or add inventory
- Hire another set of hands
- Pay for certifications and licensing
- Build a website and invest in marketing
- We trust you to decide
- 0% interest, loans up to $10,000
- Terms up to 36 months; grace periods are available for agriculture businesses
- Opportunity to build your business credit score
- Funded by hundreds of lenders from around the world, in increments of $25
Who is Eligible? A Kiva U.S. Borrower Must…
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not currently be in bankruptcy or foreclosure
- Use the loan for a legal business
We Care About Your Character, Not Your Credit Score:
- No credit score, collateral, business plan or financial statements required
- You establish your reputation and community of support by inviting lenders from your network
- Unlike other crowdfunding platforms, our community of 1.5 million lenders funds the majority of the loan amount
HOW TO APPLY FOR A KIVA LOAN
Wisconsin business owners self-identifying as Native American may apply for a Kiva Loan here.
Contact Gary Mejchar at First American Capital Corporation, at 414-604-2044, or visit FACC's Kiva Funding Program page for more information.